Today I am going over to pray with a friend who had to admit her daughter to a psychiatric hospital. This sucks.
I hate that she has to go through this, and I hate that I know what it feels like. I know God puts us through things so that we can show compassion to others in similar situations, and I am grateful that I can show her this compassion. However, it really, truly is the pits that any of us have to feel this way at all.
I hate sin. It breaks my heart that people suffer because of stupid decisions we make and that others make, and thus impact us. I know Jesus' blood is enough to cover all these sins. I also know that God's love is enough to carry us through any trial. I even recognize that the Holy Spirit is strength enough to overcome any circumstance or spiritual warfare. But I'm never going to be okay with the ugliness that we wallow around in every day.
I want the new heaven and the new earth. Please, lets just take the Gospel to every tribe, tongue and nation, so Jesus can bring this completion! Enough already.
No comments:
Post a Comment